|Title:|| ||Ministry of Energy
|Description/subject:|| ||Substantial site.
Non Renewable Energy Sector:
- Upstream Petroleum Sub-sector;
- Downstream Petroleum Sub-sector;
- Petroleum Products Marketing Sub-sector;
Nuclear Energy Sub-sector;
Renewable Energy Sector:
Hydro Electricity Sub-sector;
Wind Energy Sub-sector;
Solar Energy Sub-sector;
Geothermal Energy Sub-sector;
Biomass Energy Sub-sector.
Myanmar Foreign Investment Law;
Energy Efficiency, Conservation and Sustainability;
Environmental Consideration and Prospect of Clean Development Mechanism ("CDM") Technology;
Regional Energy Cooperation;
Energy Institutions of Myanmar;
There are many Departments and Agencies under various Ministries, which share responsibilities on various aspects of energy sector's operation and management.
The main agencies are as follows :-
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Electric Power
- Ministry of Mines
- Ministry of Forestry
- Ministry of Science and Technology
- Ministry of Education
Myanmar Energy Policy
- To maintain the status of energy independence.
- To employ hydroelectric power as one of the vital sources of energy sufficiency.
- To generate and distribute more electricity for economic development.
- To save non renewable energy for future energy sufficiency of the nation.
- To promote efficient utilization of energy and impress on energy conservation.
- To prevent deforestation caused by excess use of fuelwood and charcoal.|
|Source/publisher:|| ||Myanmar Ministry of Energy|
|Alternate URLs:|| ||http://www.burmalibrary.org/show.php?cat=632
|Date of entry/update:|| ||20 August 2010|