Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
|Title:|| ||Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN page)
|Description/subject:|| ||Myanmar acceded to this treaty on 7 December 2011. It entered into force 30 days after. Myanmar's first report to the committee is due by December 2013.....The Convention in brief: Guiding Principles of the Convention...
Entry into Force...
Monitoring of Implementation...
Conference of States parties...
Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities...
Convention & Optional Protocol Signatories & Ratification...
Timeline of Convention Events...
Frequently Asked Questions on the Convention...
|Source/publisher:|| ||United Nations|
|Date of entry/update:|| ||30 June 2012|
|Title:|| ||Myanmar's Initial Report on United Nations Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
|Date of publication:|| ||May 2015|
|Description/subject:|| ||Advance Unedited Version.....Contents:-
Part – I:
2. General Information...
Part – II:
3. Purpose, definition, principles, general obligations ...
Part – III: Purpose, Definition, Principles, General Obligations:
4. Equality and non-discrimination;
5. Awareness raising;
7. Right to life;
8. Situations of risk and humanitarian emergencies;
9. Equal recognition before the law;
10. Access to justice;
11. Liberty and security of persons;
12. Freedom from torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading
treatment or punishment;
13. Freedom from exploitation, violence and abuse;
14. Protecting the integrity of the person;
15. Liberty of movement and nationality;
16. Living independently and being included in the community;
17. Personal mobility;
18. Freedom of expression and opinion, and access to information;
19. Respect for privacy;
20. Respect for home and the family;
23. Habilitation and Rehabilitation;
24. Work and employment ;
25. Adequate standard of living and social protection;
26. Participation in political and public life;
27. Participation in cultural life, recreation, leisure and sport ...
Part – IV:
28. Women with disabilities;
29. Children with disabilities...
Part – V:
30. Statistics and data collection;
31. International cooperation;
32. National implementation and monitoring;
|Source/publisher:|| ||Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement Department of Social Welfare, The Republic of the Union of Myanmar|
|Format/size:|| ||doc (143K)|
|Date of entry/update:|| ||01 February 2016|
|Title:|| ||Myanmar takes major step in addressing the needs of Landmine Victims
|Date of publication:|| ||12 December 2011|
|Description/subject:|| ||"Myanmar Accedes to the international Convention on the Rights of Disabled People (CRPD)...The ICBL had previously been informed by Foreign Ministry officials that the legal review of this convention had been completed, but that the Convention would have to forwarded to the new Parliament for debate and approval.
On 9 December, the United Nations received the accession from Myanmar, which will go into effect 6 January 2012. Myanmar’s adherence to the CRPD will be significant for increasing assistance to the countries landmine, and other, disabled..."|
|Source/publisher:|| ||International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)|
|Date of entry/update:|| ||03 July 2012|